Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Week Keepers - Goal Setting

One thing I worked on last year was helping the students develop goals, and then work towards them.  We often reflected on our blogs in regards to how the goals were coming along.  This year I found a really cute activity that connected goal setting to art (not one of my specialties).  Basically I had my students come up with 2 goals for the school year.  One had to be school related, one couldn't be school related. 

My goals were:
1) I hope to create more real world math application projects.
2) I hope to run at least 3 times a week (and not just when I'm training for something).

Then we drew a little picture of ourselves peeking over the goals.  They turned out totally cute, and I've somehow suckered my students into believing that I'm a good drawer (ha!).  


I got this idea for this (and the directions for the drawing piece) from an Art Projects For Kids blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment